Shalom Assembly of Yahweh is a non-incorporated congregation composed of believers that are diligently searching for the truth. The foundational cornerstone of our faith is our Father Yahweh and our Savior Yahshua the Messiah. Our doctrines and lives are guided by the Torah (Law), Decrees, Statutes, and Precepts given and kept by our forefathers, prophets, faithful Israelites, Yahshua and his disciples. We believe that all men regardless of race (color), gender or culture are able to obtain salvation.
Our goal is to establish a generation of believers with strong family values, Scriptural strengths, love for the brethren, obedience to the word of our Creator and dedicated to our Savior. The base of our ministry is our local members and their families; however we do associate with other assemblies that are located in all parts of the U.S. and across the world.
Our assembly sponsors a free outreach program which consists of sending out free literature, music and message CDs/DVDs. You may Write, e-mail or call us if you would like to receive any of our material.
Donations/Tithes and Offerings: Please make your donations to:
Shalom Assembly of Yahweh
P.O. Box 158
Sterling, IL 61081
In keeping in line with Scripture, ‘not to let your right hand know what your left hand is doing’ our assembly does not disclose the names of the donors however we have no problem in being transparent with the donations that are given for the work of Yahweh. If you have any questions regarding our financial situation please contact us.
All are welcomed to come and fellowship with us, if you are traveling from a distance please call us so that we can help you make lodging arrangements: Please familiarize yourself with the following rules of conduct that all members and visitor’s are expected to abide by:
1. The Sabbath is a Day Set-Apart (Holy) to our Heavenly Father Yahweh; therefore we do not argue or defile the Sabbath by discussing issues that bring contention. We believe that we can discuss any issue however it must be done in an orderly and respectful manner.
2. If any member or visitor has an issue of doctrine that is different from what believe, the presenter will present it to a council composed of ‘all’ the men of the assembly who are of the age of accountability (20 years old). The men of the assembly will than dedicate themselves to review, study, discuss, pray and fast about the matter. If eventually a decision that favors the presenter is reached by all the men of the assembly, then the matter will be presented to the entire assembly and that particular doctrine will be used to guide the assembly. At no time will the presenter be allowed to disseminate or present the doctrine in question in any other manner or to anyone that is not noted above. We follow this principles as a means to protect the children of the assembly from confusion and to provide them a non-chaotic environment. In addition we believe that it is our duty to maintain order and stability within the assembly.
3. We are an assembly that supports and believes that the Names of our Heavenly Father and Savior are a key to gaining wisdom and spiritual growth. Therefore the members of the assembly have agreed that anybody that speaks or is invited to speak during our Sabbath Services and/or during the feast days, ‘must’ utilize the sacred names while giving the message. However, the assembly has also agreed that during the ‘Special offering’ part of our services and since we receive many visitors who are new to the Sacred Names or who are just learning about them, in those cases we will allow those individuals to give offerings, if they so desire, using the common titles. We do not believe nor do we support that the Names of our Heavenly Father and Savior should be used as a whip or weapon against those individuals that are in the infancy part of their walk. We believe that we must lead by example not by force.
4. We hold that the ministers of the assembly are to guide the ‘assembly’ in spiritual and scriptural matters and that whenever needed they can counsel (give advise) to the brethren who request it. However we believe that each and every men is responsible for ensuring that their families are guided and are walking in the ‘ways’ of our Heavenly Father and Savior. The men are to seek purity by staying away from sinful behavior such as pornography, drinking, gambling, carousing, etc. They are not to be abusers of their wives and/or children. They are to assist their wives in creating a learning, stable and peaceful environment in their homes so that they can then transfer the same to the assembly.
5. Based on the commandment that we are to raise the children in the way they should go, we believe that the children are the center of the assembly; our assembly therefore functions with their interest at heart. We encourage our children to participate in assembly functions by leading us in music, by giving messages and by making them feel and know that they are a part of something special. We are not raising our children to be in a religion but we are raising them to adopt the ways of Yahweh as a way of life!
6. We ask that all members and visitors dress appropriately whenever in the presence of the assembly. Women are to dress decent and with non-revealing clothes, men are not required to wear suits or ties but their clothes should also be appropriate; all clothing should fall under the guidelines of being decent and clean. Regarding head coverings, we believe that women should wear them as part of their attire but we do not admonish nor criticize anyone that is not so convicted. Again we want to lead by example not by force.